This is a free Remodeling Contractor Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Remodeling Contractor Job.
Remodeling Contractor Job Description
- Contracts to perform remodeling construction work in accordance with architect’s plans, blueprints, codes, and other specifications.
- Estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contract and prepares bids.
- Confers with clients to negotiate terms of contract.
- Supervises workers directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Subcontracts specialized craft work, such as electrical, structural steel, concrete, and plumbing. Purchases material for remodeling construction.
Sample Remodeling Contractor Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Construction Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Remodeling Contractor
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Remodeling Contractor can add his/her career achievements like,
- Conceptual Strategy Creative Consultation Contract Award & Negotiation
- Space Design & Planning Project Supervision Estimates, Proposals & Closings
- Client Relationship Building Sub-contractor Relations State/Local Code Compliance
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Remodeling Contractor applying for a job would look like,
Orient City, Bangalore, 2007-Present
- Manage floor-to-ceiling remodeling and design makeovers for residential and commercial spaces including homes, apartments and lofts ranging from Rs.20, 00,000 to Rs.60, 00,000.
- Achieve interior designs that reflect the functional needs and preferences of each client.
- Work effectively with contractors on custom plans and permit requirements.
- Expedite special, out-of-stock, and back orders on-time and within budget.
- Build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with clients.
- Frequently retained for interior design services based on impeccable reputation.
- Coordinate estimates, purchasing, space planning, budget control, and vendor contracts.
- Ensure the swift resolution of unforeseen and anticipated problems.
Fiama Constructions, Goa, 2003-2007
- Monitored the water supply, sewer and drainage system which ensured efficient operation was maintained.
- This included hydraulic and structural investigation of sewerage pump stations and sewer pipelines.
- Formed part of the Rehabilitation Team which was involved in the immediate crisis management during the collapse disasters.
- Co-ordination of an extensive inspection and assessment program using various visual and geotechnical techniques.
- Contingency plans and pre-emptive works were developed and were responsible for the project management of over $8Million of sewer rehabilitation works.
- Developed and implemented environmental performance management policies and programs
- Analyzed developments in legislation, external policy and reviewed the performance of environmental management systems
- Participated in environmental audit and risk assessment projects
- Produced Environmental Management Plans for two major and 27 local Treatment Plants
- Managed environmental issues, utilized accepted procedures and practices with an understanding of and strong commitment to environmental excellence and best practice.
Track Monitoring Engineer
Vasco Constructions, Goa, 1999-2003
- Carried out surveys, designs for drainage and vertical alignment and set out for upgrading of assets including level crossings, crossing work and tracks through platforms
- Provided surveying services to the Points and Crossings Gang and the Drainage Gang.
- Provided office and field assistance to the Senior Track Monitoring Engineer
- Part of a team which monitored and reported on conditions of rails and track in the metropolitan area.
- Devised checks for track clearances in the Underground Loop and monitored the removal of rail faults by computer
- Determined high rail wear locations and collated inspection and monitoring reports
- Ensured the co-ordination and programming of track monitoring cars and ultrasonic rail testing cars
- Assessed track geometry and conditions
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Remodeling Contractor who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Bachelors’ degree in Construction Engineering
Anamalai Engineering University, Tamilnadu, 1996
- Masters degree in Construction Engineering
Annamalai Engineering University, Tamilnadu, 1999
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Remodeling Contractor could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Remodeling Contractor would look like,
- Certificate in Colors for Interior Design,IFCA
- Certificate in Design Concepts – Wallpaper, Windows, Floors, and Furniture, NIFD
- Certificate in Interior Design and Basic Drafting, South India Architect Association.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Remodeling Contractor could also look like,
Salary Range of a Project
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 20000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.40 Lakhs to 2.95 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $10500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Remodeling Contractor Interview Question
- What is your estimate for completion?
- How early will your crew normally begin work?
- When will they normally quit for the day?
- Will I be contacted about delays or changes in the schedule? By whom?
- What is your approach to a project of this scope?
- Do you have design services available?
- Are any of your company’s employees certified?
- May I have a list of references for projects you have completed which are similar to mine?
- What percentage of your business is repeat or referral business?
- How many projects like mine have you completed in the past 12 months?
- Will we need a permit for this project?